Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mimic Wilber’s Writing and Speaking Style: Activate My Mirror Neuron

Seven months have passed since I came to USA. Honestly speaking, I’m still struggling with English every day (especially, when I express my thoughts, feelings, emotions, and sensations, it is still difficult for me to convey the deep sense of them to others), but my English seems to be improved, compared with the level right after my coming here, I want to believe so…

Actually, I have continued to copy (type) Wilber’s books every day in order to acquire his writing skill. In addition to that, I started to watch a Wilber’s DVD or videos and mimic his speaking style. This is a kind of shadowing method.

I hope that my mirror neuron will be activated, and I’ll be like Wilber someday. Please laugh at me, if I come to write and speak English like Ken Wilber. I think most people’s writing and speaking style are affected by someone else. That could be by parents, friends, teachers, etc. Fortunately or unfortunately, I grew up in Japan (Chinese characters, hiragana, katakana culture) for 25 years, so in a sense, my English is not strongly affected by someone else. This may mean that I can be anyone…

No comments:

Post a Comment