Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Harvard Graduate School of Education: Information Session @ San Francisco

Harvard Graduate School of Education: Information Session @ San Francisco
Yesterday, I participated in the information session for Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) programs. Actually, I’m intrigued by HGSE, especially Human Development and Education (Ed.D.), Human Development and Psychology (Ed.M.) and Mind, Brain, and Education (Ed.M.). After graduation from JFKU, I plan to go to the one of three (I’ll apply for the 2013-2014 academic year), but I needed more information. In that sense, yesterday’s information session was very helpful for me, so I’d like to share the information I got there.

1 What’s the difference between Ed.D. and Ed.L.D?
Ed.D is a really, really research based program.
2 Essay is critical for admission. You need to clarify at least the following questions.
-Who you are? What’s your experience? What brought you to HGSE?
-What’s your interest? What do you want to learn at HGSE?
-What’s your career vision? What do you want to do after HGSE?
In addition to the above questions, if you plan to apply for Ed.D programs, you need to make clear the following questions.
-What’s your research topic?
-Who do you want to work with?
3 Three Recommendation Letters
-Usually, the two are academic and the other is experiential.
4 Interview is only for Ed.L.D program.
5 Human development and psychology in Ed.M has a lot of research opportunities. The number of this program is the largest in HGSE.
If you apply for HGSE, please feel free to comment or contact me. Let’s share the information each other. Yohei

No comments:

Post a Comment