Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

My English ability from 4 quadrants perspectives

Today (5/21), two months have passed since I came to America from Japan.  I feel that the stream of time is fast and time waits for no one…  I don’t know whether I have a lot of time left or not in my American life.  In fact, two twenty fourth of my life at JFKU has finished.  Anyway, I’d like to analyze my English ability from 4 quadrants perspectives.  The following analysis is very simple and rough.


UL: My English is improving little by little literally.  I’d like to believe so.  Hahaha.  No, I don’t have any time to laugh.  I’d like to continue taking a practice. 
My great leap about English is that my mental barrier against speaking English is disappearing gradually.  I suppose that this point is seen in a lot of Japanese, so this is perhaps related to Japanese cultural aspects (LL).

UR: Objective numerical value about my English ability is the following graph.  I said “Objective numerical value”, but this numerical number is based on my intuition…
LL: I think that “we space” helps me a lot about learning English.  English is one of languages and this is a communication tool.  Therefore, the most important way to learn English may be using it through communication with others in the real world.  Fortunately, there are many opportunities to use English around me now.  For example, JFKU class, study groups, home stay family…  I really appreciate my “we space.”

LR: Regarding to environments or systems to learn English, I use a blog system and TV programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment