Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Wisdom and Limitation of The Psychoanalytical Force

             From my perspective as an Integral practitioner, the most important gift of the 2nd force is to cultivate my understanding of the dark side in human psyche. Now, I engage in a coaching activity, and in fact, I met some clients who have psychological problems in their ego structure. (To be exact, all of us including me may have a certain psychological problem in our ego structure.) Hence, psychoanalytical theory and practice are beneficial for my coaching activity to address clients’ deep psychological issues.

              However, likewise any other psychological forces, the 2nd force includes an inherent limitation. The main limitation is that the 2nd force only sheds light on the dark side in human psyche and is apt to neglect or ignore the brilliant side in human psyche which is focused by humanistic and transpersonal psychology.

             As I mentioned above, the 2nd force has estimable wisdom in that it elucidates a human shadow realm. By virtue of the theory and practice, we are able to integrate our dark side and transform it into positive one. Generally speaking, some spiritual people tend to ignore our dark side but only focus on bright side in human psyche. As a result, they seem to fail to attain a true transformation or self-actualization. I suppose that practicing in an effort to accomplish a self-transformation or self-actualization is preposterous, but both spiritual practice and shadow work would be helpful to enhance the quality of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment