Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Brain-Based Therapy with Adults: Evidence-Based Treatment for Everyday Practice


Arden and Linford (2009) insist: “The more often the neural network organizes an event such as a memory, the more likely it is that this event will occur again, and when it does reoccur, it will take less energy to make it happen” (p. 22). In retrospect, I understand this sentence from my past (or current) experiences. When I learn something new, in the beginning, the learning process is tough and rugged. That is because my new neural network is not built firmly, but it is a frail and weak network. 

Thus, I need to spend (sometimes enormous) time and effort to establish a new neural network. In that sense, the authors’ point is true for me. Also, once a new neural network is created in my brain, the learning content requires little effort for me. In other words, I become able to do the same thing without spending my energy a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment